I Went to a Toomy Thayer Concert - My Secret Shame

Use this forum to talk about the deadest band in the world!

Moderators: Devon, Admin Team

KiwiPete
Ozone

I Went to a Toomy Thayer Concert - My Secret Shame

Postby KiwiPete » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:13 pm

Photos & review soon, but overall... a little disappointed.
It would have been awesome if I wasn't already a fan, but since I've seen it all before & heard Paul's cliche stage raps so many times before, it was all kinda.. meh.

And the fucking spider didn't move an inch.
So pissed off.

You're lucky he even performs for you BASTARDS.
LEAVE TOMMY ALONE

actifzoe
SAO Junkie

Re: I Went to a Toomy Thayer Concert - My Secret Shame

Postby actifzoe » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:16 pm

i guess the circus clown is saving money by not having the spider move. besides, it would be a distraction - people won't look at him if they can watch a cool stage prop.
the key to happiness is to stop giving a fuck.
KiwiPete
Ozone

Postby KiwiPete » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:19 am

Well, it didn't start off too good.

I was expecting something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2KPjRNIhGo

but got this

K1.avi [ 26.9 MiB | Viewed 552 times ]

It's kinda like

Guess they had trouble with it on the last show of the tour.

It was alright, apart from Toomy's solo - the Parasite solo note-perfect, followed by his own random noise.

The crowd loved the show, though.

But I had a much better time seeing Ace.
LEAVE TOMMY ALONE

actifzoe
SAO Junkie

Postby actifzoe » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:40 pm

yeah, he just didn't want to spend the money. he settled for flash pots instead.
KiwiPete
Ozone

Postby KiwiPete » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:41 am

Well, at least they had some great bargains at the merch stand.

Singer.jpg
Singer.jpg (16.86 KiB) Viewed 543 times

Thayer.jpg
Thayer.jpg (81.06 KiB) Viewed 543 times

:thumbs:
LEAVE TOMMY ALONE

actifzoe
SAO Junkie

Postby actifzoe » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:06 pm

i wouldn't even offer them the toilet paper i wiped my ass with for either of those things.
KiwiPete
Ozone

Postby KiwiPete » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:23 am

:lol1

Here's a pretty good review from a fan.

The meet and greet was just awesome and the four of them were genuinely happy to be there and looking forward to the concert later that night.
My memory sucks for what they played during the unplugged but they did do a couple from the Elder, Beth, Shock Me, Hard Luck Women and a couple of other great classics (someone else may know what else they played) and they sounded great and were joking around and even did a bit of Crowded House and its great because you get the feeling that NZ isn't just another "concert" on the tour and they really do enjoy coming here and appreciate NZ fans and our country, and i think that stems back to 1980 when us and OZ pretty much kept KISS going and that awesome Unmasked Tour which to that point was their largest tour crowd wise.

After about a 30 min set we were able to get stuffed signed and have a little chat with each member as they walked around, and that was very cool......they were all really nice and Paul and I talked a little about both our kids (my girls are so in love with the Starchild) so that was very cool!
Ladies i know why you lot love him so much he is a very good looking guy and way better looking in person than in photos etc

While waiting for them to come out i asked one of the roadies how many people were going to the concert and he said about 4500 and then he was saying about how vector arenas roof wasn't strong enough to hold the spider set up so we wouldn't see them coming down on it and some other things which was a real shame (sorry but typical of NZ to do things half assed, fuck me even Perth Arena, Perth with a similar population as Auckland, has a decent arena) but oh well.
Anyway the concert itself was just outta this world and Paul's voice was great, not perfect but it never will be now but certainly way better than it was in OZ, so we got lucky with that and once again (as usual) he gave 100% on stage, and out of ten i give Paul's voice an 8.

And KISS didn't let us down we got a kick ass rock and roll show, and sorry to all those people who think KISS are only about the pyro etc and that other bands don't need pyro because they have "better music" well fuck off because they all use pyro etc its just with KISS you get great music and plenty of BANG for your buck.

The whole concert was great and maybe the only down side apart from no working spider was that Tommy's solo wasn't a bit weak and no real drum solo from Eric, but hey i can live with that.
Overall a far superior show to Rock2Wtgn and way better than the last KISS concert i saw in Sydney and out of the 20 i have seen this would probably rank #5 or #6 but certainly a great way to end it all.
I know 5 people who went along last night to their first ever KISS concert and from the ones i have spoken too they really enjoyed it so thats good to hear.
For me a 9 out of 10 night and would have been a 10 if the spider was working

So fucking typical crappy NZ gets a cut-down show cause we still haven't got a decent venue that can handle it.
Fuck.
LEAVE TOMMY ALONE

actifzoe
SAO Junkie

Postby actifzoe » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:50 pm

Return to “KISS”