We all know kiss suck.....

Use this forum to talk about the deadest band in the world!

Moderators: Devon, Admin Team

Lady Space Ace
Ace's Bed Toy Owner/Administrator Bitch

We all know kiss suck.....

Postby Lady Space Ace » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:53 pm

But they didn't used too...

What made you fall in love with them when they were fall in lovable????

2006 Awards
Image Image Image
2007 Awards
tied~Image Image Image~tied
WINNER~Image Image Image~WINNER

Image Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
~No thermos?~
~That's a total insult~I didn't approve that product What-So-Ever~
~With NO thermos?~I give up~You know, people always say to me~why did I quit the band?~
~No God-Damned Thermos~
~Ace Frehley~

actifzoe
SAO Junkie

Re: We all know kiss suck.....

Postby actifzoe » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:11 pm

the destroyer cover. i laughed when i saw it back in '76 (ace's position) and he's been my fav ever since   :thumbs:

the key to happiness is to stop giving a fuck.
Nikki
Rocker Chick Super Moderator

Postby Nikki » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:12 pm

I became a KISS fan when I was 5 years old, my older cousin had there albums, and by listening to them, at just a young age, I loved it. So, that Christmas, I asked Santa for KISS' Destroyer, which was out, so that year 1976, I got it, and the rest is kisstory  :wink:
<div align="center">ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blondie1965
Jendellian Space Chick Moderator
Jendellian Space Chick Moderator

Postby blondie1965 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:28 pm

Older cousin loved KISS and I looked up to her.  Every time my family would go visit, I'd follow her around and hang out with her and sit in her room and look at her KISS posters on the wall and go through all her vinyl.  The following Christmas I ended up with RARO, which is still my favorite album.
<div align="center">Image<div align="center">Image
Devon
Apple Bucker

Postby Devon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:21 pm

My KISS story is kind of a long one...  It all started a few days before Halloween when my friends and I were sitting on the bus discussing what to be for Halloween. (We were like 12)   And one of the HS guys says to me  why not dress up like KISS and told me Id make a perfect Frehley  (but he called him FREE-LEE)  So I asked what the heck was a KISS ... and he showed me... I took a look and basically called them creeps and said Hell no... :lol   Well he convinced me to come to his place and take a listen and if I didnt like the music he would stop pushing for me to dress like Ace....So after school myself and a couple friends went to listen to KISS....  From the very first note of  Rock Bottom we were hooked...  then he played Parasite...That was it we were dressing like KISS!!!
From that day forward I was known in our community as Frehley Freak.... (Funny how a lot of Frehley fans got that nick name haha)  I started listening to and getting every single KISS album I could then and after years when  was around 16 17  I started singing with the albums and started sounding so much like Paul that my friends were amazed.   Im very proud to say to this day I still can sing like Paul.... :mrgreen: I went back and forth between Ace and Paul as my favorites but Ace was always the one who really stole my heart.  I will always love old school KISS because they were there when I as a youngsters was going through some hell.   Escaping through the music and singing with Paul was my only release. In fact its seems ridiculous but when I think back on those days it brings me to tears.  :cry
The Anti-Crisst
Newbie Killing Administrator
Newbie Killing Administrator
Location: Paradise City, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty.

Postby The Anti-Crisst » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:31 pm

Weirdly enough, thru Marilyn Manson. You see, I was a huge fan as a teen (still am, actually!) and that included reading up on Manson. In his autobiography, he had a whole chapter on Kiss; he's a Kiss army member, by the way. So to my teenage mind, if Marilyn Manson liked Kiss, then they had to be worth checking out. :lol

This year, I'm going to join our American cousins and celebrate Thanksgiving the old fashioned way. By which I mean I'm going to invite all my neighbours round for an enormous feast, kill them all and then take their land.

ImageImageImage

RIP Rocker And Legend. 1974 - 2008. Friend And Karaoke King.
Lady Space Ace

Postby Lady Space Ace » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:46 pm

Because I am lazy I am just copy and pasting my story from out about us page on the main site :lol1

Well, here's the page that NEVER gets viewed... The one that shall tell you all about your web master's (web misstresses) , in a politically correct world... Who knows which one is right today, for it will probably change by this time tomorrow anyway!!!

I think, I will just let you see, exactly how this spacey devotion of mine began. It all started with the first time my eyes got the candy they needed and my ears heard a MOST magnificent sound, in laymen's terms, that would be my very first concert. Sheesh, how rude of me, maybe a name would be nice too? My name is Jeni, and the date I refer to, is September 1, 1977. The event, KISS on their Love Gun tour in Houston, TX. This date, will forever be emblazed into my mind as a truly MYSTICAL day!! Who knew, that a crazy, talented guy from the Bronx, could have such an impact on a child's life?!! My dad took me to this show, and even got us floor seats, 4th row center to be exact. Now, to be completely honest, they were MORE for him than for me... As I was but a small child at the time... He had a love for this band that almost crossed the line of insanity.. LOL... Yes, I know, that IS like the pot calling the kettle black, but until that day, I did not quite understand. However, when the lights went out, and this deep voice, that seemed to hoover just above my head, let out...

ALLLLLLRRIIIIIIIIIGGGHHHHHHTTTTTTTTT HHOOOUUUSTOOOOOOON...

You Wanted the BEST... You Got The BEST...

The HOTTEST Band in the world...

KISS...

I experienced my first feeling of KISSteria!!! The music was GREAT, the Show was energizing... The SPACE ACE was magnetic!! From the second they took the stage, my eyes never wandered from the sheer excitement of his silvery Spaceyness!!! Then, then can you believe it??? His guitar started to smoke, no REALLY, it was SMOKIN'!!! How fast do his fingers have to move to get THAT effect?? (Keep in mind I was a CHILD!!! Smoke bombs were not in my vocabulary yet) I was in AWE... I was truly mesmerized by HOW magical he seemed to be... And he was wearing the coolest silver Space boots around!!! How could you NOT LOVE this guy?? It was now becoming VERY clear to me why this band was treasured so much by my dad!!! He turned me into a KISS geek that night!! But my heart and loyalty from that night on, was always with THE SPACE ACE!! OW!! Shock ME!!!
During the next years and years and years, EVERY time we went out to the mall, I would search until I conquered the whereabouts of the ACE/KISS merchandise!!! I had to have it ALL!! Then, a couple of days before Halloween in 1978, they were on TV, in their own MOVIE!!! I can still feel the anticipation I had that day, just waiting for it to come on... You know the old "are we there yet ?" Well, I proceeded to drive my mom crazy with "is it time yet?" I must have asked her that 10,000 times (AND that's just how many I remember asking AFTER dinner!!!) FINALLY!!! It was show time... My parents even allowed me to sit REEEALLY close to the TV that night!!! I just was sooooo scared I might miss something!!! ACK!!! After that, EVERYBODY I knew had a new name... They were all CURLY!!! (My mom was none tooo happy, but this WAS just a phase, she WILL grow out of it!!! LOL!!! Well, as you can see, that was a terrible misconception on her part!!! But she had a heart of gold to have put up with me and this obsession of mine!)  I remember, sitting in my room, hitching my thumb, trying to transport myself to where ever it was I was being called too... " Jeni, dinner!!" 10 minutes later, she would come in and I'd be standing there concentrating with my thumb hitched back, "Whatever are you doing child?" She would ask! "Shhhhh, I'm concentrating.... So I can move me to the table with out walking, just like ACE can do... " To which she would reply, "Hmmm guess I'll need to put some EXTRA sauce on your PIZZA (I hate that icky red stuff on my pizza) so you can have more energy to accomplish this task.... " Nothing could put fear in me more, than having THAT on my food, so I would then readily run, not walk to the table and eat!!!! Bath time would come, and in protest, like all kids, I would remind her, "but MOM, Rock and Roller's don't bathe!!!" Needless to say, she always figured out a way to win that one too!!! Which, in retrospect, is probably a good thing, for personal hygiene is HIGHLY important!!!
Well, that is how my never-ending devotion towards the SPACE ACE was formed!!! My loyalty and support has NEVER faltered!!! For that crazy, spacey guy from the Bronx left an impression on me that will NEVER fade!!! He has helped keep that child in me ALIVE forever!!! Without even knowing it, he has created a special legion of Rock Soldiers, who will forever march in support of him... To be able to honor him and the great times he has created for me in my life is just something I felt compelled to do, once I had the perfect partner and proper, umm inspiration to do so special thanks section to learn about that!> So, I hope you enjoyed hearing how The SPACE ACE entered and impressed upon me this "Crazy Childish Phase I Will NEVER Grow Out Of!" Thanks for visiting our site... Hope you enjoy your travels into the world of Space ACE Online... And come back soon ; )
2006 Awards
Image Image Image
2007 Awards
tied~Image Image Image~tied
WINNER~Image Image Image~WINNER

Image Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
~No thermos?~
~That's a total insult~I didn't approve that product What-So-Ever~
~With NO thermos?~I give up~You know, people always say to me~why did I quit the band?~
~No God-Damned Thermos~
~Ace Frehley~

rentmanager
Wifey Owns My Rocket Ride

Postby rentmanager » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:53 pm

Older cousin had Alive!, showed it to me when I was 7...haven't forgiven him yet!  He "grew out of it" as far as a KISS fan goes, I never did, never will.  Now I have my 10 year daughter hooked on them, well mostly Ace, loves his songs more than any others.

"You fire signs worry too much"   ACK!

Return to “KISS”