Children at rock concerts or festivals

Post your opinions on everything under the sun here... plus any freaky pics or topics that you come across!

Moderators: Devon, Admin Team

Should children be allowed to attend rock concerts and festivals?

Yes - In all circumstances.
No votes
Yes - But only if into the music, with ear protection and if it's suitable for them.
67%
No - It's bad for them.
33%

Total votes: 3
The Anti-Crisst
Newbie Killing Administrator
Location: Paradise City, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty.

Children at rock concerts or festivals

Postby The Anti-Crisst » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:45 am

I've been to concerts, and seen children present. I think that in many cases, they shouldn't be there. A baby or toddler at a music festival is pointless. They won't even know that they're there, and will simply disrupt things for the adults who are enjoying the music. A young child will just be bored, and upset by the loud music. Children should also not go to thrash metal concerts as the pit can be dangerous, or for bands who use sexual or violent lyrics. I'd say that only twelve and over at regular rock gigs and then only if they are a) into the music, and b) supplied with ear protection. Otherwise, either get a babysitter or stay home. I've seen a young boy at a Magnum concert with his stupid parents; he was so tired, he was sobbing.

This year, I'm going to join our American cousins and celebrate Thanksgiving the old fashioned way. By which I mean I'm going to invite all my neighbours round for an enormous feast, kill them all and then take their land.

ImageImageImage

RIP Rocker And Legend. 1974 - 2008. Friend And Karaoke King.
actifzoe
SAO Junkie

Re: Children at rock concerts or festivals

Postby actifzoe » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:58 am

remember when 8XO took his son to see kiss? it was mostly for 8XO to enjoy seeing his son enjoy the same band he did growing up. and the kid was really excited and had a blast. they left early since his son was rather young. responsible parenting *should* figure in to a situation like this.
the key to happiness is to stop giving a fuck.
Devon
Apple Bucker

Postby Devon » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:34 pm

I feel very young children should not be at rock concerts.
"I was talking to....Uh...nopony! Nopony whatsoever!"
KiwiPete
Ozone

Postby KiwiPete » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:55 am

Little kids would get trampled.
Why the fuck would anyone take a kid unless it's way up in the balcony.
You're lucky he even performs for you BASTARDS.
LEAVE TOMMY ALONE

The Anti-Crisst

Postby The Anti-Crisst » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:13 pm

Exactly. I've been to concerts where up front is quite dangerous for anyone under the age of twenty, and still there are brats up there with their moronic parents, who always end up being taken out of there by security. Normally after the child gets stepped on and/or jostled; you'd have thought, however, that a responsible parent would be able to grasp the fact that deliberately taking a small child into the moshpit was a terrible idea. :rolleyes3

When I went to see Slipknot, this stupid girl took her four year old into the pit. Luckily for the child, other people who cared about his safety more than his idiot mother informed security, so that he could be removed. Seriously, Slipknot? Not suitable for ANY child.

This year, I'm going to join our American cousins and celebrate Thanksgiving the old fashioned way. By which I mean I'm going to invite all my neighbours round for an enormous feast, kill them all and then take their land.

ImageImageImage

actifzoe
SAO Junkie

Postby actifzoe » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:24 pm

maybe their excuse was "i couldn't find a baby sitter." i just mentioned 8xo as an example.
Virgo
Post Whore Extraordinaire Super-Mod

Postby Virgo » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:04 am

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench,
a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free,
and good men die like dogs.

There's also a negative side. -          Hunter S. Thompson
The Anti-Crisst

Postby The Anti-Crisst » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:44 am

Re: Taking children to see Kiss.

Kiss are not, by any stretch of the imagination, a band who will have a mosh pit form in front of the stage. I've been to see Status Quo, who are of a similar disposition, and nope; no mosh pit. While there was a little jostling, there was no slam dancing, surfing or moshing at all. Therefore, taking a kid isn't going to be too dangerous for them, so there are other factors involved.

Age, maturity, and are they a fan? Age and maturity are different things. There might be a mature ten year old and an immature twelve year old. Is the child well versed in the basic rule of "sit down and shut up"? Will they whine half way thru and/or demand food, drinks or the toilet after ten minutes? Will they wander off and get lost? Can they be trusted to remain close by your side rather than attempt to leave the concert hall? Will they annoy the other fans who are trying to watch and listen to the band? And finally, are they appreciative of the band's music, supplied with ear protection and willing to attend? These are the questions that a responsible parent must answer. If a child is scatterbrained, immature, a wanderer or a whiner, then for the love of cheese, leave them at home with a babysitter rather than take them to the concert. Lost children are serious business and you do not want to be pointed out as "that mother/father who ruined the concert cuz their kid wandered off and there had to be an amber alert". Or "that parent with the nasty brat who screamed non stop thruout".

Do not take a child to a concert if they are unable to sit thru a movie. If they are into the music but have a short attention span, then consider sitting opposite the exit and leaving early. The moment the child starts showing signs of restlessness, boredom etc, then get up and head for the exit. If you don't want to do this, then don't bring the child. And for god's sake, give the child protective earmuffs and/or earplugs. They will still be able to hear the music, but it will not affect their future hearing.

ImageImageImage

actifzoe
SAO Junkie

Postby actifzoe » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:32 pm

agreed!

Return to “Freaky Opinions”