Larger Than Life

Bash, trash or worship - we don't care! =)

Moderators: Devon, Admin Team

Virgo
Post Whore Extraordinaire Super-Mod

Larger Than Life

Postby Virgo » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:28 pm

Here's the link to our local Northern Cali trib.

I haven't seen them since Jim Seda or Gary Stevens joined, but have heard excellent reviews.

Enjoy!

http://www.ltltribute.com

2000 man
Rock Soldier

Postby 2000 man » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:21 pm

Hey these guys are playing in my area tonight.I heard it on the radio maybe I'll catch 'em some time.
<center>

ACE is back and he told you so!!

</center>
Virgo

Postby Virgo » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:06 pm

Well, I went to see the new lineup Saturday night, and was totally disappointed.

First, the sound mix was so heavy on bass/drums, you could not hear the guitars at all/ vocals were pretty weak too. Worst sound EVER.

Maybe they were tired from doing a show the night before at Slim's in SF?

Gary Stevens as Paul - looks sorta like Paul, doesn't sound like him. Seemed bored and going through the few motions he actually went through. Pretty much ruined the "show" for me. I miss Jay Harris, the African American Paul - his voice was dead on, and he LOVED to be on stage.

Jim Seda as Gene - excellent likeness, but way over-played the part IMO. Does have a long tongue, and has the tongue-flicking bit down to a "t". Firebreathing was pretty weak too.

Val Popovich (Ace) - stellar, as usual, but couldn't hear his solos. Dude loves to play!

Jimmy Newell (Peter) - still kicks major ass on drums. Can't sing "Beth" to save his life, but admittingly knows it.

Won't be going to any shows in the near future. However, Orlando, their video guy, has put some vids up on their website from a show in a theater they did last month. http://www.ltltribute.com
Virgo

Postby Virgo » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:08 pm

Not here to start a battle of the trib bands. Paulie is great - Val is great.

Yeah, Andy was a killer Gene - as far as I know, he got out of the trib thing - he lives about 40 miles north of Sacto.
Virgo

Postby Virgo » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:44 pm

Well, I wouldn't say LTL is a shit band, I was just really disappointed with their show - I've seen them on off-nights before - this was just the worst.

Return to “Tribute Bands”