Kiss Army

Bash, trash or worship - we don't care! =)

Moderators: Devon, Admin Team

Space Lion
The Snake Moderator

Kiss Army

Postby Space Lion » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:42 am

Tim and I just got back from seeing Kiss Army at Floyd's Music Store here in Tallahassee and....THEY ROCKED!!!  This is the second time we've seen them and they only get better.  Last time "Paul's" hair was a wig that would have made Geno's look good, and "Ace's" outfit looked rather tossed together.  Two years later the differance was incredible.  Mr. Frehley himself would have been proud of Doug's (the Ace) playing and how perfect his costume looked.  Brian's (the Paul) hair had grown to the point he no longer wears the bad rug and in fact looks better the Paul Stanley himself has in too many years to count.  Yio (the Gene) was spot on perfect, and honestly if Simmons looked even a tenth as good as Yio does I think I'd be a Gene girl. :lol  

As for Steve (the Pete) he kicked ass, much better the Pete himself even back in the 70's AND he made me blush bright red after the show.  After he had come of stage and out to the bar I went up to tell him how great the show had been.  His responce was was "Thanks, I enjoyed your show as well."  I know I must have given him a blank look because he leaned over and whispered in my ear "I was at the perfect angle to watch you pop out of your top all night.  Oh nice tattoos by the way."  Anyone care to guess just how many shades of red I turned? :lol

Anyways, we took tons of pictures and as soon as we get freash batteries for the camera I'll post a few of them.

Nosie little fucker aren't you!
jaybyrd
"TROUBLE WALKIN" Moderator

Re: Kiss Army

Postby jaybyrd » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:47 am

I saw them about a year ago here in Gainesville and they do ROCK. They had changed members since I saw them at Universal Studios and of course they didn't have as elaborate a stage as Universal set up for them but it was still a great show. The new Gene is better than the one from 99' and the return of Brian Angel is a big plus for the band although he was wearing a wig when I saw them last year. The Ace is good but if you had seen Paul Helms as Ace like I did at Universal you would never beleive anyone else as Ace again. Paulie is just sooooo dead on it's sick. BTW do he and Mandy still post here? I have a great pic of Mandy in Ace makeup from Indy last year that I would like to post but I wouldn't do it without her permission.

I hope that since you saw them recently they will stop in Gainesville again, they are without a doubt the BEST tribute band ever, and I don't just mean KISS tribute band. I have a friend that plays with Physical Graffiti and they are considered the best Led Zepplin tribute band around but they can't hold a candle to KISS ARMY!!!!
snagrom6
Rip It Out

Postby snagrom6 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:07 am

Space Lion @ Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:42 am wrote:Anyways, we took tons of pictures and as soon as we get freash batteries for the camera I'll post a few of them.

Does that include pics of your "show?" :twisted:
Somewhere on this globe, every ten seconds, there is a woman giving birth to a child. She must be found and stopped."
 - Sam Levenson

ImageImageImageImage

Space Lion
The Snake Moderator

Postby Space Lion » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:10 pm

snagrom6
Rip It Out

Postby snagrom6 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:20 pm

Good to see he's using the Ace Sigature Les Paul
Somewhere on this globe, every ten seconds, there is a woman giving birth to a child. She must be found and stopped."
 - Sam Levenson

ImageImageImageImage

Space Lion
The Snake Moderator

Postby Space Lion » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:11 pm

jaybyrd

Postby jaybyrd » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:20 pm

WOW how time flys.... I tought I would dig up the pics from the Universal Studios show I saw and once I found them I realized they were from before 99'. They must be 96' because I still have hair. I couldn't find the flyer for the band (I'm sure it's buried somewhere) but I did remember the original "Gene's" name "Jim Seda" except for him and the replacement of Paul Helms the band is the same now. Her is your chance to laugh at Jaybyrd with curley long locks, but the real treat is the pics on the killer stage Universal Studios set up for KISS ARMY and some effects shots I took. Ya gotta remember these are shots I just took from old film prints, plus the originals were a very drunk Jaybyrd with a $10 camera but I managed to catch Gene's fire breath and Ace's rocket launch.

Here Ya GO!

Space Lion
The Snake Moderator

Postby Space Lion » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:30 pm

snagrom6 @ Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:06 am wrote:
Space Lion @ Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:42 am wrote:Anyways, we took tons of pictures and as soon as we get freash batteries for the camera I'll post a few of them.

Does that include pics of your "show?" :twisted:

Those are posted in the Peeps forum
jaybyrd

Postby jaybyrd » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:07 am

^^^^ FREE THE TWINS!!!!^^^^
Space Lion
The Snake Moderator

Postby Space Lion » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:05 pm

I did honey, that's the "show" Steve was talking about. :lol  Tim (my hubby) has said I can't wear that top again without double sided tape on my nipples to keep the twins coralled. :lol
blondie1965
Jendellian Space Chick Moderator

Postby blondie1965 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:59 pm

Man.....I fucking love these guys......I saw them on my birthday last year, and had the best time!!  I took lots of pics too, and have a really good crotch shot of Yio, he  parked it right in front of my face.....And pretty much posed the whole night.....Soo cute.....Lol......Yeah, I know I'm an Ace girl, but I was like in lust with him the whole night......He's gorgeous!!  Doug ended up using my cell phone and called someone during the concert, which was pretty funny......Can't wait to see them again.....They totally rock!!  :mrgreen:
<div align="center">Image<div align="center">Image
sitdown248
Rock Soldier

Postby sitdown248 » Wed May 07, 2008 3:19 pm

That's really cool.  If cover bands can perform the songs close enough, they are normally awesome, it's great to see bands who don't just screw up songs
"I asked my daughter when she was 16, What's the buzz on the street with the kids? She's going, to be honest, Dad, most of my friends aren't into Kiss. But they've all been told that it's the greatest show on Earth" - Ace Frehley
Devon
Apple Bucker

Postby Devon » Thu May 08, 2008 10:43 pm

This is Doug's other band ( is he even in KISS ARMY anymore  haha)  

http://www.catawompus.com/

Has that Lynyrd Skynyrd feel to it.
"I was talking to....Uh...nopony! Nopony whatsoever!"
blondie1965

Postby blondie1965 » Sat May 10, 2008 11:50 am

Catawompus, huh?  Didn't know that...I'm pretty sure he's still in Kiss Army, but Yio has left.  Haven't seen them in a few years.
Devon
Apple Bucker

Postby Devon » Sat May 10, 2008 8:10 pm

blondie1965 @ Sat May 10, 2008 8:50 am wrote:Catawompus, huh?  Didn't know that...I'm pretty sure he's still in Kiss Army, but Yio has left.  Haven't seen them in a few years.

Yeah  I found Doug's myspace and seen he has a link to KISS ARMY there so
I am assuming he is still with them.  

And yep  CATAWOMPUS     :mrgreen:  

check out the song "Aint got the blues".... its fucken killer
"I was talking to....Uh...nopony! Nopony whatsoever!"
blondie1965

Postby blondie1965 » Sat May 10, 2008 8:32 pm

I will check that out... :mrgreen: