Another point of view

Ace fans gather and talk in that special Jendellian language =)

Moderators: Devon, Admin Team

KiwiPete
Ozone

Another point of view

Postby KiwiPete » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:07 am

Former Kiss axeman Ace Frehley offered up a set of somewhat generic, mildly entertaining, but ultimately unlistenable hard rock to The Studio in Auckland. To be fair, it wasn’t necessarily Ace’s fault that his music was unlistenable… that charge should be levelled directly at the sound man.

Don’t get me wrong, I love a loud concert. I also never wear earplugs. I expect to be presented with a rock concert that is powerful, but tolerable. I don’t expect to have to worry that this could be the last thing I’ll ever hear.

When Ace and his band took the stage, they were indeed loud, but for me, just on the threshold of tolerable. I saw other folks fleeing for the back of the room, or covering their ears. Granted there were plenty of alcohol-fuelled fans who seemed oblivious to the potential danger to their hearing.

But after Snowblind, the fifth song of the set, it volume was getting noticeably louder and I began to fear for the health of my eardrums. I moved to the back of the room and got a bit of relief.

Ace and his band were putting on a decent show… plenty of energy… a few Kiss classics thrown in with tunes from his latest album, Space Invader.

There was some entertaining banter. While introducing Snowblind, Ace told the crowd that, “back in the 70s everyone was doing cocaine except Paul and Gene,” referring to his former bandmates in Kiss.

Drummer Scott Cogan sang lead vocals for King Of The Night Time World and Strutter, and did a fine job, while long-time Ace co-guitarist Richie Scarlett sang Break Out a tune he and Ace wrote with the late Eric Carr.

But by the time they got around to covering The Rolling Stones’ 2000 Man, about an hour into the show, I felt I could take no more of the aural pummelling and left, reluctantly.

Just before that a colleague told me, as he was leaving, that he measured the sound level at over 120 decibels.

If that is anywhere near accurate, then the sound man, the band and the venue should be ashamed of themselves. That’s bordering on torture and I would suggest to anyone who woke up this morning after attending the show and found their ears ringing, to contact The Studio and lodge a complaint.

I’m not sure if there are any legal requirements regarding acceptable sound levels, but if there are, this show must have certainly gone beyond them. Perhaps police action is warranted, I don’t know.

All I know is that it sounded criminal.

You're lucky he even performs for you BASTARDS.
LEAVE TOMMY ALONE

KiwiPete
Ozone

Re: Another point of view

Postby KiwiPete » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:22 am

LEAVE TOMMY ALONE

Lady Space Ace
Ace's Bed Toy Owner/Administrator Bitch

Postby Lady Space Ace » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:24 am

What a douche bag.... Get the fuck over it ace plays loud and proud!!! If it's too loud ur too old so go on the fuck home :rockon1
2006 Awards
Image Image Image
2007 Awards
tied~Image Image Image~tied
WINNER~Image Image Image~WINNER

Image Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
~No thermos?~
~That's a total insult~I didn't approve that product What-So-Ever~
~With NO thermos?~I give up~You know, people always say to me~why did I quit the band?~
~No God-Damned Thermos~
~Ace Frehley~

KiwiPete
Ozone

Postby KiwiPete » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:14 am

Yeah. How can you publish a "review" when you didn't even stay?

:roll:
LEAVE TOMMY ALONE

Lady Space Ace

Postby Lady Space Ace » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:23 am

Exactly :rolleyes3
2006 Awards
Image Image Image
2007 Awards
tied~Image Image Image~tied
WINNER~Image Image Image~WINNER

Image Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
~No thermos?~
~That's a total insult~I didn't approve that product What-So-Ever~
~With NO thermos?~I give up~You know, people always say to me~why did I quit the band?~
~No God-Damned Thermos~
~Ace Frehley~

actifzoe
SAO Junkie

Postby actifzoe » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:24 pm

there's a difference between being loud (powerful, invigorating) and too loud (distorted, unintelligible).

heart has the best sound man ever - i felt the music.

the key to happiness is to stop giving a fuck.

Return to “The GOD Ace Frehley”